Sunday, June 14, 2015

Assignment 2.4

Personality Test Reflection

Results

I've been exposed to personality and brain typing for quite some time now, and I always get 1 of 2 types: ENTP or ENFP. In this case I got ENFP, with a moderately strong F (50%).

E - The easiest judgement for me to make is between introvert and extrovert. Perhaps it's because of how commonplace the evaluation is in society, in comparison to the other characteristics. As is likely the case with most people, my level of introversion or extroversion depends largely upon both my current mood, as well as the setting (who's present, how well I know them, etc.). When it comes to meeting new people, that seems to come naturally. I also enjoy one on one conversations. But being in large groups can bring out wildly varying sides of me. There are some times, when doing things or playing games that I'm particularly good at, that I can be the life of the party. Then there are times where my extreme self-consciousness keeps me from opening up, because I'm afraid of looking foolish. One way in which my extroversion may affect my writing is that I really enjoy to talk. But my over-analysis of everything I write often curbs that to the point of having very little to say, or at the very least, being unable to expound in a necessary manner (such as when needing to write a certain amount of words or pages).

N - Perhaps it's my lack of familiarity with intuition vs sensing, or the fact that I don't seem strong in one area or the other, but I don't really see how this would affect my writing that much.

F - As I said before, this result oscillates every other time I take the test, so I don't feel very confident in the results. This comparison would seem to greatly affect the way one would write, though. In my case, I seem to have characteristics that go strongly with both. I'm very sensitive, yet analytical. I know that combination isn't very uncommon in people, but it does seem to me to be inconducive when trying to be typed. Perhaps, kind of like with extroversion and introversion, this is another subjective thing for me. Based on a certain writers style or content, I may be more feeling or thinking. Being cognizant of that while reading/writing would be a good habit for me to start.

P - This is another comparison that wouldn't seem to as directly affect one's writing style. There's also a little confusion in my mind as to the overlap of sensing and perceiving. They seem like similar characteristics, while being used in different comparisons in this test. Again, maybe I need to look into this comparison a bit more, especially as I have such a strong preference in this case.

In summary, if I could learn to channel my ability to communicate as an extrovert with tempering my analytical and overly critical nature, I believe it would greatly benefit me as a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment