Sunday, June 28, 2015

The 10 worst things that could happen on the way to school

Here is my list of the 10 worst things that could happen on the way to school:

1. My homework could blow out the window.
2. I could crash my car into my professor's car (particularly if it was my fault).
3. I could encounter a train, which in turn would make me late for class (this has happened several times already this semester).
4. I could get pulled over by a cop for speeding, which would also make me late. (I should probably give myself more leeway in the mornings.)
5. A tire on my car could blow. I've never fixed my own tire before, so I'd be late for sure. Plus, I have subs in the trunk, so the spare would be difficult to reach.
6. I could run out of gas. This has happened to me several times before, although never on the way to school (though on the way to work).
7. My car could catch on fire, which would totally suck! (I'm running out of legitimate ideas now.)
8. There could be a torrential downpour, and my car could get swept away by the water. This would actually be kind of cool.
9. My car could get sucked up in a hurricane. Although this would also be cool, I doubt I'd be the occasional story of the person who was swept up by a hurricane, just to be landed gently miles away.
10. I could crash my car into the classroom in which I was currently running late. Ok, that might be the worst. My mom actually crashed into the Cato's store a few years ago... right through the front glass. Here's a link to the story. Hopefully it's not hereditary!

Based on this list, I should leave for school earlier, not drive during a flood or tornado, keep my windows closed, and most importantly, keep full coverage on my car!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, now I have more things to worry about. I didn't even know cars just caught on fire. But that does explain the burned up cars on the side of the road I see every know and then. My car getting swept away in water is close to my biggest fear. I hate bridges, so when we go over one I roll down the window. The game plan is to jump out of the car if the bridge collapses, because that sounds legit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    I'm sure the likelihood of your car catching on fire is minuscule, though I'm sorry if the thought of that makes you nervous. If you ever get in a situation where a bridge collapses while you're on it in a car, I think it might be best to stay in the car. That way the car/bridge don't crush you as you escape. Then, once in the water, you could unfasten your seatbelt and get out.

    ReplyDelete