Sunday, June 28, 2015

Personal Credo

I believe that happiness is a state of mind.
Although not quite the same as any of the "I believe" statements from my previous article, this statement more fully encapsulates an overarching view I have of life.
For me, a positive attitude is sometimes the only difference between feeling depressed and feeling contented. And that positive attitude is something that I choose to feel regardless of what comes my way.
I know plenty of people who have this same attitude about life, and plenty who have the opposite. We all know people who seem to complain about everything that happens to them. It doesn't matter if they encounter things that everyone else encounters as well; they still make it out to be a much bigger deal than necessary.
There are a lot of things that we could choose to be unhappy or impatient about on a daily basis, such as slow/rude traffic, feeling hungry, being misunderstood, etc. But these things are all much easier if we keep a smile and realize that we could always have it worse off. I often break out into the song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" from the Monty Python movie "Life of Brian."
There are some things in my life that I've had to change my attitude about. Among them are my personality, not knowing what career I wanted to go into, as well as several other things. I'll go into more detail on each of these in my personal narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment