Monday, July 6, 2015

Last Week

There's typically not enough fun in my weeks to write about. But last week was an exception, as it seemed most nights I was out doing something.

The week started off slow, with a couple soccer games Monday evening, followed by studying.

Tuesday brought more of the same, with feverish studying for a Calculus test Wednesday morning.
I had the audacity on Monday to ask my professor if I could take Wednesday off to go sailing with my family. This after having already taken off 6 days in the shortened semester (keep in mind that each class period is 3 hours too). Thankfully, perhaps due to the 100% that I'd just gotten on the second test, he graciously allowed me to skip class again. I wrote about the sailing trip in a separate entry, which can be found here.

After getting home from sailing, I immediately headed over to a party my cousin was having at his house. When I got there, they'd just decided to play a drinking game called Waterfall, which I'd never heard of before. The game involves taking turns picking up playing cards, and then doing some certain action, either individually or collectively. If people fail at doing certain things, beer is drunk by that person. Instead of getting beer, we got a 5-liter of wine. There were only 6 of us, most of whom rarely drink. The game was very fun, and the fun increased disproportionately to the amount of wine remaining. Although we were all coherent when the 5 liters was finished, I ended up staying the night anyway, just to be safe. Oh, and we watched Anchorman 2, which was even more funny late at night and with bellies full of wine.

Immediately after class ended for the day on Thursday, I headed up to KC with my sisters and brother-in-law to watch a Shakespeare play at a park. The play is creatively called Shakespeare in the Park, and runs for several weeks during each summer. There were probably 300+ people there the night we went. Every year they have a different play, and this time it was King Lear. I'd never watched a movie about it, or read the book. So I had no clue what to expect. The only part I ended up being familiar with was when King Lear said, "Howl, Howl, Howl, Howl!" It was an enjoyable experience, and I'm more cultured as a result of it.

On Friday I took my sisters to the swimming pool after getting off work. I then went to a gourmet cooking party that some long-time friends host every month. Although everyone else brings gourmet meals that they cook, I just show up with a bottle of wine or something. I stayed there until shortly after midnight, which is earlier than I normally leave.

I wrote here about my Saturday, which consisted of going to a family from church's house to their annual 4th of July party.

Then on Sunday I went to church. After our weekly church potluck, I went home and slept for two hours. I'm not a napper, but was exhausted from late nights and lots of activity. When I woke up, the Women's World Cup final had just started. So I headed over to a friend's house where they were having a watch party, and caught the second half of the 5-2 US victory over Japan.
At the beginning of the semester, I never thought I'd be able to spend so much time not doing school and still keep A's in my classes. That was especially the case after going to California/Mexico for 10 day early in the semester. But I plan to make up for the time spent having fun last week by studying hard this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment