Monday, July 13, 2015

Mexico Trip (Part 1)

The company at which my dad is a partner decided to fund a mission's trip for our family. My parents decided on Mexico. The plan was to fly to Phoenix, drive to San Diego for a friend's wedding, and then drive down the coast to the mission.

The original plan was to be gone for a total of 2 weeks, which wouldn't work for me, as I'm taking 12 hours of classes this summer. But they eventually shortened the trip to 10 days, so I decided to go along as well.

Only a couple of weeks before leaving for the trip, I decided to move out of the house in which I was living, and back into my parents' house. It'd been 8 years since I've moved out, so it was a weird feeling moving back in. I made the move the weekend before summer classes started. The second day of classes, I came down with the fever. That, along with being overwhelmed with the classes I was taking, led me to make the decision not to go to Mexico with my family.

The morning my family left for Mexico, I informed my Calculus professor that I wasn't going on the trip after all. But when I went over to study by my adviser/Physics professor's office, he informed me that he'd allow me to take the first test remotely from Mexico if that would help me go. Missing the first Physics test had been one of the biggest reasons in my decision not to go on the trip. So, with less than an hour from departure, I hurried back to my parents' house to pack some clothes. Due to the recent move, locating certain items was more difficult than it'd otherwise have been. I then drove to the airport to meet my family, minutes before boarding time. Boarding for our flight only happened a few moments after we got through security. Unfortunately, on the return flight things wouldn't go so smoothly...

Due to the length of this entry, I've split it into several entries.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, I admire you for taking so many classes over the summer. That may be normal for college students and I am just new to college life, but that is a lot of hours. Good job! You have had a very busy summer with major decisions. That is very stressful. I am anxious to see how this trip ends. I have a feeling it is going to be very eventful. Your writing kept me wanting to read more, nice job.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete