Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mexico Trip (Part 6)

On Tuesday I stayed at the mission to study for the pending Physics test the next morning. From everything I'd heard (including the professor), Physics II is a difficult class, and the first test, the hardest. I'd missed 3 class periods already, and hadn't studied at all from the time I left Springfield. So I knew a quiet study day all to myself right before the test would be imperative.

The next morning I took the Physics test, which lived up to its hype as being difficult. But I was done, which meant I could now partake in the rest of the mission trip. That evening, we did the last VBS. It was sad knowing that our time with the children was coming to a close, but we knew that we'd made a positive, if small, impact in their lives.

Thursday morning we cleaned and packed up at the mission. We then went to the beach, as a few of us had only been there once before at night. Though the water was very cold, several of us got in all the way. Since we were on a tight schedule, we only had 15 minutes. We then drove to the church for the last few hours of work. My mom, not liking to see a project go unfinished, made sure that the house they were painting was finished by the time we left. Before leaving, we said our unspoken goodbyes and took pictures with the people.

The drive back to the border seemed much shorter than the drive down had been. We stopped so my sisters could get some souvenirs. For a late lunch, we went to Burger King. It seems a very American thing to go to another country and eat food at American chains. But when eating authentic Mexican food, the risk of food poising is great. Come to find out, we might as well have eaten authentic!

No comments:

Post a Comment