Thursday, July 9, 2015

My Perfect Vacation

Writing Prompt #38

There are multiple factors involved in a vacation, including destination, traveling companion(s), weather, etc.

Italy has long been on the top of my list for favorite vacation spots. The main reason Italy holds such appeal to me is because of its rich history and amazing historical sites. The Roman Empire was one of the most powerful empires in history, and was the center of the Western world for several centuries. I've read many articles on the Roman Empire, so it would be incredible to see the sites that I'd read so much about. Travel about Italy can easily be done via Eurail, which would be an experience in and of itself. In Rome, I'd visit the Coliseum, St. Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Roman Forum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, and many more places. Besides Rome and the Vatican, I'd love to visit Genoa, Florence, Venice, Milan, Naples, Turin, and if possible, the island of Sicily. Of course this would require at least a month. I'm pretty efficient when it comes to tourism, but that's still a lot of places to see. I'd also like to have learned a little bit of Italian before visiting, as I think it's rude not to be able to speak at least some of a country's language before visiting.

I would love to take this trip with my wife of a couple years, before we have any children. Now if I can just find this woman! Though I have friends who have done this, I wouldn't want to go somewhere this extravagant for my honeymoon, as I'll be more interested in other things during that time. And if we have kids at that point, then it would cause extra hassle, either having to bring them along or be gone from them for the duration of the trip.

My favorite weather is a sunny 80 degree day, with lots of beautiful clouds. If my whole trip consisted of that weather, I wouldn't complain one bit. A little bit of rain wouldn't hurt, but more than a couple days could possibly dampen my mood.

Now to make this dream vacation a reality!

2 comments:

  1. Kristian,
    I enjoy your posts very much. Your writing leaves me wanting to learn. Although this trip to Italy is not on my list of things to do, I would love to experience it through reading your experiences when they happen. You got me on that next to the last paragraph. I immediately thought, "Oh, he's married, how sweet." When I read "Now if I can just find this woman." I laughed. Very nice touch. This post shows a well thought out vacation, and describes it well enough that it almost made me believe I was the one dreaming of the trip. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why is this trip to Italy not on your bucket list!? Haha. I suppose if one isn't as big of a history buff as I am, then Italy may not be their cup of tea. Do tell, then, which country is top on your list to visit?

      Delete