Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mexico Trip (Part 7)

Before leaving Mexico, we stopped in Tijuana to visit some missionary friends of my parents. Their mission was located near the top of the south face of a large hill in Tijuana, which provided beautiful views of Tijuana, San Diego, and the Pacific.
We made our way back to the U.S., with only a 20 minute wait at the border.

Once in San Diego, we headed to Panda Express. We don't know if this is where we contracted it, or if it was at Burger King in Mexico, but that night all but two of us came down with food poisoning. Our plan had been to enjoy San Diego the next two days, but the next day consisted of lying in beds for most of us.

The next day, Saturday, we went to a beach nearby. But the weather was so overcast and chilly that no one got in.
We then headed to back to Cabrillo National Monument, the same place that we'd been the previous week that had an excellent view of the city and ocean. This time, instead of going to the land facing side of the monument, we went down by some cliffs right by the ocean. It was my favorite experience in San Diego. The sun had come back out at this point, making it even better. We were able to climb down the cliffs to where the waves were splashing up on rocks. I would time the waves to where they were at their lowest point, then run out as far as I could on the boulders, before being chased back by the waves. One time I timed it wrong, and got the whole left side of my shorts wet. It was definitely worth it though.

That night we went to a pizza place in downtown San Diego. I don't know if it's ever taken me so long to find parking. Several of my family said it was their favorite pizza ever. Although it was good, it's hard to beat Papa Murphy's in my opinion. We then walked around downtown before going back to where we were staying and getting ready to drive to Phoenix through the night.

Due to the length of this entry, I've split it into several entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment